The student news site of Allen High School.

The Eagle Angle

The Eagle Angle

The Eagle Angle

Allen Eagles vs Braswell Bengals Game Recap

The Homecoming matchup between the Allen Eagles and the Braswell Bengals.

The Allen Eagles defeated the Braswell Bengals after facing off today at the Eagle Stadium. 

The homecoming matchup started off smoothly with the Allen Eagles scoring a touchdown within the first 20 minutes of the game, with an additional point updating the score to 7-0.

Brady Brickers completed a pass to Quinton House-Hammonds making firstdown and 10 to go with three minutes left in the first quarter. With a minute left in the first quarter, the Bengals took over from their 26 yard line.

The second quarter started with an almost immediate injury timeout from the Braswell Bengals.The Bengals then scored making it 10-3. As the Eagles turned over the ball to the Bengals, Henson Ameachi tackled the Bengal mid-carry. 

The second half ended with the score continuing to be 10-3.

Third quarter started with Amir McDowell scoring a touchdown at the very start with the extra point made, the score improved to17-3.

Six minutes before the 4th quarter, the Eagles scored a 35 yard field goal making their score 20-3.

Amir McDowell scored another touchdown in the 3rd quarter updating the score to 26-3.

Beginning of the 4th quarter there was a 33 yard run by Micah Ellis, followed by a touchdown by Brady Bricker bringing the score to33-3.

Nicholas Johnson from the Bengals scored a 55 yard touchdown making the score a 33-9.

The Eagles ended up winning the game 33-9, improving their record to a 3-2 this year.

The next game is Sept. 29 at Prosper Rock Hill and the student section theme is frat.