A Weekend Of Victory

Shooting team dominates competition

Shooting+team+at+Fort+Worth+competition+

Shooting team at Fort Worth competition

The shooting team has been on the road to success these past few weekends, earning them a lot of attention such as four tournament wins against Red Oaks with two wins securing them a trophy. The Eagles just finished their 6th tournament of the 2015-2016 season and they are currently getting ready to compete in a series of state and national competitions.

The SCTP (Scholastic Clay Target Program) is similar to a UIL competition for shotgun competitions for grades 7-12. It started in October of 2015 and it included six tournaments and 10 teams from around North Texas. More than 150 medals were given to individuals in three classifications. Classification allow competitors to compete against others based on skill levels.

The event held on April 23rd resulted in many wins. Senior Hunter Alford was awarded first place on trap following with junior Isaiah Irby coming in second place in varsity trap. Along with other wins, sophomore David Politz got third place skeet and tie breaker over senior Hunter Alford. Additionally Sean Packer got third  place intermediate skeet. Senior Hunter Alford earned all around champion in the texas SCTP league in the men’s category, while sophomore Morgan Scott landed it for the ladies.

“Not only did we earn endowment money as a team for winning the tournament, but several of our shooters earned scholarships for their performance,” coach Jason Anderson said.

On April 30, the team competed in the Texas Youth Education in Shooting Sports State tournament at the Fort Worth Trap and Skeet Club. There were 31 shooters from Allen from grades middle school to high school. They brought home the state title.  The varsity high winner overall for men was sunior Lake Bishop who took home first place and the varsity high winner overall for girls was sophomore Morgan Scott who took home second place.