The Truth About High School Friendships

The Truth About High School Friendships

The truth about high school friendships

Every day that I come in through the school doors I see my friends, and sadly I know that’s going to end. As a senior I knew this would eventually end. We are all about to step in the real world and attend college which is a great thing, but we can’t have our friends there to support us. That’s the thing that really sucks, the people you see every day won’t be in your life as much.

You may keep in contact with them the first couple weeks of college but they will eventually fade out and you will have moved on with your life. Yes, it’s a sad thing, and it’s not easy, but that’s life. I wish I could go to the same college as my friends and get an apartment together, but we all see ourselves in different futures.

During high school many friends have fallouts. For example my friends and I just found interest in different things which caused us to drift apart. I needed a break from them, and that turned into a permanent thing which I’m glad happened. It was bound to happen eventually.

Sadly some friendships come to an end, and it’s bittersweet, but that’s high school. It’s not the best feeling but you make friends later on in life. I think we can all look back on the good times and appreciate the memories that we got to share.

If your friends wanted to truly have a part of your life, they would have made an effort to stay in it. I’m glad I got to experience my senior year with a great group of girls because they are my rock. As school comes to an end I’ve come to appreciate the times I got to spend with my friends and I hope we stay in contact.