The Struggle of Cliques

The high school has many kids attending and the district has many more attending the elementary and middle schools in Allen. That seems like a good chance for a kid to make never- ending number of friends and connections in their life. But with those perks, we still have to remember that this is a high school, and high schools are always susceptible to having friend bases and individual groups.

This to me seems like a way to classify students based on their personalities and lifestyle, and that does not make sense to me at all. I’m having a hard time understanding what’s so different about one person to the next. A lot of us do and say things differently, but the concept of what we want is the same; we are all people who want to make friends in high school.

Cliques, as they are normally called, are also not the best due to the fact that they are a way to see who is cool and who is not. There are multiple occasions where people are not considered a cool person if they are not in a specific group, when in reality they could be the kindest and most down to earth person in the school. There is no way around this mentality;  if you are not in our group, then you are not my friend. I think that that is a horrible way to socialize because you make the people who may have a chance to be your friend become isolated, and that is not cool for anyone.

We should get rid of the clique system. Trying to be with a group of people might sound fun, but by doing this you miss your chance of making friends outside of your group. We all have to remember that no matter where we come from or what our background is, we are all here for one goal and that is to graduate and make big things happen for ourselves. We are in this together and we could all be together on our goals.