Sadie Hawkins Dance Cancelled

Due to a lack of ticket sales, Student Council was forced to cancel the upcoming Sadie Hawkins Dance planned for Jan. 10.

“I had everything done,” senior Sabrina Christensen said. “We had all our teacher chaperones ready. We had our DJ, we had caterers. We had the decorations all planned out. We had a video that was going to run on the announcements tomorrow that the DJ created for us. We had everything.”

The dance, which was also Christensen’s Phoenix ISP, was originally the primary fundraiser for prom but with the dance cancelled, Student Council will be forced to find other ways to support prom.

To make up for a decrease in the prom budget, Student Council may have to resort to taking money from their own budget to help fund prom.

“If worst comes to worst, we can borrow from the Student Council budget,” Christensen said. “But we’d prefer not to do that. If enough people buy pre-ordered prom tickets, we’re good to go. If [people] buy them early enough, then we have enough money to pay for our deposits.”

While the plans for how Student Council will meet monetary demands are still uncertain, Christensen remains hopeful about prom.

“We’ll just have to work with accounting to figure something out,” she said. “I mean if we had made money from Sadie Hawkins that would have made for a nicer prom. We’ll figure this out. There will be a prom.”